I am a truth-seeker by nature, intensely curious and uninterested in facades, and writing is how I probe beneath the surface and reach the substance, the essence, the truth of the world around me. It’s not just what I do; it’s who I am.
With that in mind, here’s a brief overview of what I’ve been up to since the early 2000s:
- I’ve written hundreds of stories for local, regional and national publications including the Boston Herald, XXL Magazine, the Boston Phoenix, The Sun Chronicle, Rap Rehab, Metro newspapers (Boston, NY, Philly and Toronto), Animal Wellness Magazine and MSNBC’s theGrio.
- My work has been picked up or quoted by MTV, USA Today, HipHopDX, PopMatters and the Associated Press, and my essays have been published in the anthologies America Now: Short Readings from Recent Periodicals and The Writer’s Presence: A Pool of Readings.
- In 2012, I won a first place award in Science and Technology reporting from NENPA (the New England Newspaper and Press Association) for a series on teens and social media.
- I’ve interviewed numerous cultural icons, including Jamie Foxx, Jay Leno, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Janet Jackson, 50 Cent, Alicia Keys, Ice Cube and my favorite artist of all-time, Stevie Nicks.
- I’ve provided commentary on radio and TV shows including WHDH-TV’s Urban Update, WNYC’s Soundcheck, JAM’N 94.5’s Ramiro & Pebbles Morning Show and the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner Morning Show.
- I’ve spoken to college classes at Bridgewater State University, Boston University and Dillard University about music.
- I’ve written and edited PR and marketing material for individuals, artists, businesses and nonprofit organizations, including press releases, speeches, talking points, bios, letters, marketing copy, social media posts and website content.
- I’ve edited several books, including “Blackout: My 40 Years in the Music Business” by music industry veteran Paul Porter.
I’m incredibly grateful for the adventures and experiences I’ve had throughout my career, the people I’ve met and the stories I’ve told, and I’m excited to see where the journey leads.
If you have questions or comments, or you’d like to find out more about working with me, please reach out using the form below: